Ross County 2-3 St Johnstone- Match Report

Captain David MacKay grabs late winner for St JohnstoneA late winner by St Johnstone skipper David MacKay earned all three points for the Perth side after Ross County had fought back from 2-0 down to level at Global Energy Stadium.David Wotherspoon gave Saints an early lead after he closed down County goalkeeper Gary Woods as he attempted to clear and he scored again a couple of minutes from the break when he curled one into the far corner of the net.But County hit back with two goals mid-way through the second half

Liam Boyce pulled one back with a near post finish and a Murray Davidson own-goal following an Alex Schalk corner levelled the scores.But with time running out MacKay scored from a set piece after Andrew Davies had fouled Michael O'Halloran on the edge of the box.Saints took the lead in the third minute in bizarre circumstances

Woods controlled a Martin Woods pass back and his attempted clearance rebounded off Wotherspoon and into the net.County tried to hit back and MacKay needed to be alert in the 12th minute in heading away a dangerous cross from Stewart Murdoch.The home side continued to press and Murdoch whipped a cross into the box for Boyce whose point-blank header was well saved by Saints keeper Alan Mannus.At the other end Liam Craig let fly with a left-foot drive from distance but Woods managed to save.Saints were picking off County at random and when Boyce was dispossessed in the middle of the park, Steven MacLean's low drive was gathered by Woods.County threatened in the 31st minute when a deep cross from Foster fell for Murdoch right in front of goal but he failed to control his header and the chance was lost.Seconds later Curran nodded the ball on for Tony Dingwall who fired a low shot across Saints' goal.O'Halloran was almost through on goal in the 41st minute when he got on the end of a long ball from Craig but Woods was quick off his line to clear the danger.The visitors doubled their lead a couple of minutes from the break

Tom Scobbie's free kick found Wotherspoon who skipped past his marker and curled his shot high past Woods.County made the first change in the game with forward Schalk replacing midfielder Dingwall as the home side tried to pep up their attack.Boyce teed up Woods with a chance on the edge of the area in the 63rd minute but his shot was straight at Mannus.But County got a goal back in the 68th minute when Boyce swept home Irvine's deep cross at the near post for his 13th goal of the season.County went all out for an equaliser and it arrived in the 75th minute when Schalk's corner was headed past his own keeper by Davidson as he attempted to clear.But just when it looked as if County had done enough to earn a point Saints struck again in the 88th minute when MacKay fired home the winner direct from a free kick for Saints' seventh successive win on the road - a club record

Source : PA

Source: PA